Pittsford has a wide-range of neighborhoods to choose from. You can select to live in the village and have the ease of access to the canal, shops and restaurants. There are 1950’s ranches that provide one-level living ease. Raised-Ranches and Colonials can be found in the 1960-1970’s tracts scattered about. You will find 1980’s and 1990’s tracts offer more Contemporary Colonial’s with a leaning to open-floor plan in the Family Room-Kitchen Areas. As well as 2000 and Newer Construction that boasts the ever-popular open-floor plans, Mudrooms, 1st floor Offices and Owner Suites, Bonus Rooms and often Home Theaters. There are also a wide-range of apartments, condos, townhomes, and patio homes to choose from depending on your individual needs.
Here are just a few of the beautiful neighborhoods that you might want to explore in the suburb of Pittsford.
- Alpine Ridge: Alpine Ridge is being developed by Morrell Builders, a well-respected builder in the Rochester, NY area. The community is situated on rolling hills overlooking farms with surfaced walking paths that meander through fields and woods. A community garden home provides a gathering spot for planting flowers, herbs and vegetables. Beautifully designed 2 and 3-bedroom townhomes provide 1st floor living, open floor plans, Inde designed gourmet kitchens. This low-maintenance community is situated minutes to the village and Mendon. The Grace Plan model is available to tour. Homes from $475,000.
- Charter Oaks: This 1960’s-70’s Tract near Pittsford-Mendon HS, Calkins Road Middle School, Barker Road Middle School and Thornell Road Elementary Schools is a popular destination for parents of school-age children. Charter Oaks has easy access trails to the schools and to Thornell Farm Park. The Park located at 480 Mendon Rd. is equipped with a bike station, tennis and pickleball courts, a pitch, ball diamonds, a basketball court, a playground and a community garden which makes it a great spot for families.
- French Rd: You can access French Road in the village of Pittsford at N. Main St. near Nazareth College and Irondequoit Country Club. If you continue along the road you will pass an array of developments off from French Rd. Take the road until you come to Monroe Ave., there you will be near all kinds of shopping at Pittsford Plaza, Pittsford Colony and Wegman’s. Feeling active? You can take a hike on the Pittsford Trail System (Railroad Loop Trail). Continue down French Rd., on the left-hand side you will find W. Brook Rd. In this quadrant, you will find some desirable homes, some of which back to the Erie Canal. With access to the Erie Canal Towpath as well as the Pittsford Trail System (Railroad Loop Trail) this is a popular area to live. Head back to French Rd. and you will come to Clover St.; French Rd. continues to the suburb of Brighton and winds up at Winton Rd.
- Kensington Woods: In this neighborhood you will find mature landscaping and many of the homes back to woods. Plenty of Center-entrance Colonials just off from Clover St. convenient to Monroe Avenue. The Issac Gordon Nature Park is located just across the street. It is a lovely place to take your kids or dog on a nature walk while taking in the scenery of a huge meadow, ponds, swamps and a large forest with well-maintained trails.
- Knickerbocker Road: You will find a popular community as you turn onto Van Cortland Dr, Old Farm Cir, Stuyvesant Rd and wind through the many streets in the development which hosts well-landscaped Colonials. It boasts easy access to schools, Thornell Farm Park, Lusk Recreation Space and Pittsford Dog Park at Habecker Field.
- Malvern Hills: features 30 lovely custom-built homes by Ketmar Development Corp with views from one of the highest elevations in Pittsford this neighborhood is quite stunning.
- Marsh Road: Along Marsh Rd running from Bushnell’s Basin to East Rochester you will find off shoots with 1960’s-1970’s tracts. Easy access to the highway, shopping, Powers Farm Market, restaurants and the canal make it a desirable location.
- Meadow Cove Road: Located just off Hwy 31 Meadow Cove Rd is a big loop several of the homes are fortunate to back to the Erie Canal Heritage Trail others can easily access the trail from the development.
- The Highlands at Pittsford: Rochester’s own University-Based Retirement Community provides Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Options. Situated just a stone’s throw from Mitchell Road, Schoen Place, the Village and the Erie Canal it is in a prime location close to everything.
- Thornell Road and Mill Road: boasts plenty of fine home developments accessible off both of the streets with easy access to the schools, shopping, Thornell Farm Park, and Deblase Open Space.
- Tobey Road: Situated off Clover St near the beautiful Schottland Family YMCA, King’s Bend Park and Tobey Village; Tobey Brook, Tobey Court, Tobey Estates, and Tobey Woods offer a variety of living from condos, townhomes, single-family homes and estates.
While we are on the subject of houses, Pittsford is home to one of the most unique houses. The Mushroom House is something you will want to see. The Historic Landmark is located at 142 Park Rd. in Powder Mills Park it is an architectural marvel.