Brighton is the number one suburb in my series of the top 12 suburbs of Rochester. Brighton is conveniently located on the southeastern border of the city of Rochester. Penfield, East Rochester, Pittsford, and Henrietta border Brighton on the other sides.
A+ Public Schools
Median Home Value: $184,600 National $217,500
Median Rent: $1,049 National: $1,062
Rent 45% vs Own 55%
Crime Rating: B
Median Household Income: $75,807 National $62, 843
THINGS TO DO IN BRIGHTON:
Brighton Farmer’s Market
Every Sunday Morning a wide-array of vendors are on-site with fresh organic produce and local handmade products located at Brighton High School.
- Twelve Corners is where Elmwood Avenue, Monroe Avenue, and South Winton Road intersect each other pairwise, forming a triangle island, and twelve corners.
- Easily accessible from many neighborhoods, the Twelve Corners Middle School and Brighton High School you can walk to: 12 Corners Plaza and Brighton Commons where there are stores, restaurants and shops to check out.
- Some local favorites in this area are: Abbott’s Frozen Custard, Brownstein’s Deli and Bakery and Core Life.
- On the Monroe Avenue corridor you’ll find a wide array of salons, shops, bakeries and restaurants like Lipman’s Kosher Market and Chen Garden and fine dining at Grinnell’s and Max Chophouse.
Jewish Community Center:
The JCC is a popular spot. A state-of-art facility providing: Fitness and Aquatics, Art and Culture, Children’s Center, Camp, Programs and Events.
Brighton Recreation and Parks Department:
The Recreation Department offers a diverse range of activities and classes for all ages.
Parks and Country Clubs:
- Brighton offers a wide-array of parks like Crittenden Park and Ellison Park.
- Just adjacent to Brighton you’ll find Cobbs Hill Park with a great walking trail that offers one of the best views of the city of Rochester.
- Genesee Valley Park located along the eastern bank of the Genesee River, and Highland Park an Olmsted designed park that is home to Rochester’s Lilac Festival.
- Country Club of Rochester, Oak Hill Country Club, Locust Hill Country Club and Irondequoit Country Club are highly rated private clubs in the area.
For easy access to the information mentioned above; I am including the addresses and websites to the places highlighted above and some other interesting links to articles that you might want to check out:
Brighton Farmers’ Market: 1150 Winton Rd. Rochester https://brightonfarmersmarket.org
12 Corners Plaza: 1892 Monroe Ave. Rochester
Brighton Commons: 1855 Monroe Ave. Rochester
JCC: Jewish Community Center 1200 Edgewood Dr. Rochester http://jccrochester.org
Brighton Parks & Recreation: 220 Idlewood Rd. #125 Rochester http://townofbrighton.org